Oakland, the largest city in Alameda County, California, is home to over 440k residents, and receives over 4 million visitors each year. The city’s population increased almost 13% in the past decade, but housing units only increased by around 5%.
Needless to say — it’s a competitive market! Which is why, if you’re looking to buy in Oakland, it’s important to come to the table with strong financing terms and a mortgage team you can trust to take you to the finish line.
At America’s Home Loans, you’re more than just a loan application to us. We are committed to understanding your needs and helping you obtain the absolute best loan possible. Contact us today for a free consultation or begin your loan application online.
“Way more transparent than any other lender I’ve worked with. Definitely would recommend. Thanks Chris!”
“Chris does a great job in taking the time to make sure we know what to do and what all the jargon means. Critical for first-time home buyers like us!”
Oakland’s Best Independent Mortgage Broker
Chris Mason has built a solid local reputation since 2014 helping first time homebuyers, refinancers, and real estate investors in Oakland obtain optimal and fast mortgage financing to help them accomplish their goals.
Chris Mason and America’s Home Loans are deeply committed to their clients and ensuring that they receive an above optimal experience by providing sophisticated and personalized brokerage services at every step of the loan origination process.
We take pride in treating each client as an individual, not a number, and are committed to helping you obtain the absolute best loan possible.
Five Star Reviews
Million in Loans Funded
Years In Business
We know numbers. And you’re not one of them!
At America’s Home Loans, we take pride in treating each client as an INDIVIDUAL and not a NUMBER. You’re more than just a loan application to us and we are committed to understanding your needs and helping you obtain the absolute best loan possible.
- ✅ SHOP MULTIPLE LENDERS RATES – As an independent mortgage broker, we shop the ENTIRE MARKETPLACE for home loans to find you the most optimal mortgage. Unlike a direct lender, we are not tied to one bank or lending institution.
- ✅ LOW (OR ZERO) CLOSING FEES – We are a small independent shop with minimal overhead, and we pass those savings on directly to you. We’re even able to offer qualified home buyers ZERO lender & closing fees who borrow at least $350k for their home purchase or refinance.
- ✅ LOWER PMI – Mortgage insurance is typically required on loans where the buyer puts down less than 20% and drops off when you hit 20% equity in your home. Most home buyers are aware of that, but did you know that lenders can shop your PMI separate from the loan itself? We’ll help you reduce your overall monthly payment with a more competitive mortgage insurance rate.
- ✅ PHENOMENALLY FAST CLOSINGS – The most common delays with buying a home comes down to obtaining financing. A delay in financing costs you time, money, and sometimes even the property itself. At America’s Home Loans, we create a financing timeline for you and then STICK TO IT so that stay on track to close on your home on the expected date (or sooner).
- ✅ TRANSPARENCY – We highly value transparency and make it the cornerstone of all of our marketing and client communications.
- ✅ UNPARALLELED SUPPORT – There’s a reason why most of our business comes from client and Realtor referrals — because they know (from experience) the level of communication and support we offer home buyers throughout their entire experience. From the very beginning to the absolute end of your financing process, we don’t rest until you’re a homeowner!
- ✅ 8 YEARS EXPERIENCE – We’ve got the reputation, reliability, and experience you can trust. Servicing loans is a career, not a side hustle. It’s important to work with an experienced team so that your mortgage broker isn’t learning the ropes on your dime.
Types of Loans We Offer
There are hundreds of different types of loans available to home buyers in today’s real estate market. Understanding and having access to a full marketplace of loans can save you thousands of dollars at loan origination and hundreds of thousands of dollars throughout the lifetime of your loan. Below are a few (but not all) types of loans that we work with:
- Conventional – Your most traditional non-government backed loans. A common myth with conventional mortgages is that they require at least 20% down. However, we’ve got conventional loans for as little as 0%, 3%, 5%, and 10% down.
- FHA Loans – A type of mortgage issued by an FHA-approved lender (like America’s Home Loans) and insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). These types of loans are well known for their 3.5% down payment.
- VA Loans – Loans that are guaranteed by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and made available to assist veterans into purchasing homes with a low interest rate and low down payment. A common myth in Californai is that it’s “impossible” to buy a home with a VA loan, given current market conditions. However this is not true! We specialize in VA loans – and our owner Chris Mason is himself a veteran who owns a home in the Bay Area purchased with VA financing.
- Down Payment Assistance – Not having 3.5% to put down doesn’t necessarily preclude you from home ownership. We have solutions in the form of grants and second mortgages available to assist our clients in obtaining a home with ZERO down — including financing closing costs.
- Subsidized PMI – For buyers who can handle the minimum down payment, and the monthly payments, but don’t like the prospect of expensive Private Mortgage Insurance, we offer programs with significantly subsidized PMI which helps significantly reduce your monthly payments.
- Buying From Family – We work with lenders offering special financing to family members who are buying a house from a relative member. at an attractive price relative to full market value.
- Jumbo Loans – These types of loans are characterized by their low down payments, designed to finance luxury properties and homes in highly competitive local real estate markets like California. Jumbo lenders offer mortgages with up to a 90% – 95% loan-to-value ratio.
- Vacation Home Loans – Owning a second home allows you to deduct for mortgage interest and property taxes, just as you do with your first-home mortgage. We have special loan programs available exclusively for vacation home buyers which help maximize your tax incentives and lower your APR.
These are just a handful of the types of loans we have available to home buyers, vacation home buyers, and 1st time home buyers. Contact us today at (415) 846-9211 or schedule a call via our online form for a FAST & FREE rate quote and to get all your mortgage questions answered with Chris Mason.